Friday, 11 November 2011

Button Snowflake...


Well...not long 'til Christmas and this year I wanted to try a few crafts, so here's the first...
Last year I saw a picture on
of a Button Snowflake Christmas Tree Decoration and I loved it, so this is mine...

You'll need:
4 lollipop sticks...I tried to find plain, normal size sticks, but could only find coloured, so I painted mine white with acrylics...then I found some oversize craft lollipop sticks and used them for a second snowflake.
Hot Glue gun or strong craft glue.
Ribbon for hanging.
Buttons...of your choice. I found some lovely unusual buttons from my local haberdashery store, from 5p each...


Glue the sticks in a star shape and glue a loop of ribbon at the top to hang the decoration from.


Then comes the fun part...glue on buttons...
I made a larger star with the oversize sticks using blue-hue buttons for a frosty snowflake, and a smaller one using white buttons...



I love this Snowflake...and it's so easy I'm planning to use a variation of it for an activity at the end of this month with a youth group at our church youth night! 

Go on...have a go...choose your buttons...or add sequins, glitter, whatever you want!



3 comments: