Thursday, 17 May 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award...

Oooh, just been tagged in the 'Kreativ Blogger Award...by Donna B. McNicol (check out her blog...) so here goes...


The Rules:
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreative Blogger Award.

The Questions:
1. What's your favorite song?
Can't decide between two: 
I love 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls and 'Run' by Snow Patrol.


2. What's your favorite dessert?
Right now that has to be trifle, though I am partial to profiteroles...who isn't?


3. What ticks you off?
Hypocrites make me angry...those who don't do as they preach. If you have beliefs, stand up for them!


4. What do you do when you're upset?
I disappear into myself...I write, and write and write...it's cathartic...


5. Which is your favorite pet?
I always thought of myself as a cat person, until I got a dog! My German Shepherd, Roxy is my heart and soul, those huge golden brown eyes just make me melt, even when she's naughty!


6. Which do you prefer: black or white?
If it's dark or light you're after, it's dark, I'm a night-time girl (not a party girl, but a staring at stars night-time girl!). Colourwise, I prefer neutrals, greens and browns...


7. What is your biggest fear?
To lose myself...My memories are so hugely a part of me that to lose that part of my mind would be my biggest fear. (I'm watching someone close to me do just that and it's painful...)


8. What is your attitude mostly?
I worry...but I try to be positive. I suffer clinical depression so have learned over the years that my attitude is paramount to combating my condition!


9. What is perfection?
Perfection is losing myself (wasn't that my biggest fear just now?), to lose myself in something I love, whether it be writing, reading, chocolate...or some other pleasure!


10. What is your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure...chocolate, every day.

The Random Facts:

1. If I could be an animal, realistically I'd be a cat, sleep, eat and play, but imaginatively I'd be a unicorn: wild and free...

2. When I met Vince, another girl asked him to dance and I put my hand on his knee, I would have growled at her if I wasn't such a nice girl! Lucky for him he refused her...

3. I'm impatient...no really!

4. I'd love to go to Iceland, the country that is, the shop does nothing for me!

5. I was painfully shy as a child, I'm still not comfortable with people I don't know, but now have a confidence I never used to have.

6. I don't fit in...and sometimes I want to...

7. I had a nervous breakdown at eighteen, and another at thirty-one...but came back from them...I still struggle not to hurt myself....

8. I wrote off my first car two days after I bought it, a week after passing my test, I drive better now! I love driving and love riding our motorbike even more! I passed my bike test in my mid-thirties.

9. I hate hurting people, I once, needlessly, gave up a dream in order not to hurt someone else. Don't give up your dreams for anyone.

10. I would rather die than go back to the insecurities of being a teenager, but often I'd love to go back and relive the intensities of those emotions!

The Nominations:
No idea if these bloggers already have this award or not...but I'll leave participation up to them!

http://www.angwrites.com/  @ang_writes
http://theothersideofsorrow.blogspot.co.uk/  @Love_Kenzie_
http://www.bullishink.com/  @bullishink
http://lilliemcferrin.blogspot.co.uk/  @LillieMcFerrin
http://cameron-writes.blogspot.co.uk/  @cameronlawton
http://www.raveninthewritingdesk.co.uk/  @falcon_feathers
http://bekahcat.blogspot.co.uk/  @bekahcat

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! Okay numbers are necessary!

    1. I *heart* you song picks like whoo-who!

    2. Chocolate everyday?! You are my hero!

    3. I also fear losing my mind. I've seen other struggle with it. At the end, my father was barely here... *sniffles* Anyway, I have a terrible memory and I'm always fretting that one day I'll just forget everything. I can obsess over it at time.

    4. Depression is a hard road, but one that can be conquered. I've seen it tear families apart and also bring them closer. My husband's aunt unfortunately was unable to defeat it, and we lost her almost a decade ago. Not a day goes by that I don't feel an ache for her and wish she could have gotten the help she so desperately needed. You are a strong awesome lady! And I think you are amazing for fighting your worries and your fears and putting yourself out there!*huggers*

    5. Okay!! *dabs at tear* I am so excited to put this together. *rubs hands together. THANK YOU FOR THE AWARD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ang! So sorry about your father, it hurts... my mum has bone cancer and it's slowly taking her away. Reading about your 'event' has actually helped me, boy! Can't life be tough sometimes?
      Lots of *Hugs* back to you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the award!! This made my day. I loved your random facts. That's interesting about the last one... Now I wonder what it's going to be like when I'm an adult! ;)

    Also I agree with Ang. chocolate every day is just inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much in common! And so very interesting to know more about you. As you know I have bouts of depression too, but at least it isn't first-time-around so we know how to handle it (as much as one can!)
    No.6 in facts - I didn't write that but it is true for me too - like looking through a pane of glass at everyone else living their lives.

    And THANK YOU for nominating me. Will look forward to reading everyone else's too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. McKenzie, you have a lot to look forward to as an adult, just don't let life dull your senses!(And I don't think you will!) I think as teens we're wired to feel everything at its height...and sadly we sometimes let adulthood take the shine off life. I was quiet and introverted through my twenties, but began emerging from my shell in my thirties, now I'm forty and I love life! Attack it!
    Cameron, we are similar, loved reading your questions and facts. I always wanted to fit in as a child, but felt an outsider, now though I still feel like I'm looking through a window, I know it's an open window...it's just hard to open the door and allow myself to join in the party! Being online helps me be myself though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at how many wonderful writers are so much like me. It gives me hope. I've suffered from clinical depression but have managed to get myself back up and off meds. I have always been kinda an outsider. I love chocolate and I do indulge everyday (tho I call it therapy). This is why I love Twitter and the 'net. Where else could I find so many supportive people who are a lot like me? Certainly not all in central Jersey!
    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll call my daily chocolate 'therapy' too...
      I've been truly amazed to find so many like-minded friends online, I feel much less of an outsider 'here' than anywhere else! I've been off anti-d's for eighteen months now and it really does help to know others who've been through it too. I don't think we realise how 'not alone' we really are! I remember once mentioning coming off my anti-d's on Facebook and was amazed at the private messages I got from friends who were on them too, which meant I could offer words of support too!
      I'm loving finding out more about everyone, I just wish I could have tagged more people!

      Delete