Monday, 25 June 2012

Five Sentence Fiction: Faeries



The sky is the same colour as velvet, dark delphiniums, Mum keeps telling me it’s bedtime, but I’m spinning, round and round and round...and I’m never going to bed!
I’m dizzy, really dizzy, dizzy and fizzy, my limbs are tripping over each other and my head is rolling so much my eyes can’t keep up!
I stop and my hands fly out to balance, and I giggle and she’s there...I stare.
I’ve never seen one before; she stares back her eyes as wide as the rising moon behind us and surprise shining like glitter.
She can’t move, I can’t move, our eyes are locked and there’s nothing we can do until Mum calls again and the spell is undone, and I snap my wings together and flit off into the night, leaving the little human girl wondering who I was...

16 comments:

  1. Oh nice. Just how these encounters occur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's lovely! I love faeries and your pic is sweet and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so nice, Loved the drawing aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely story and drawing! Thank you for sharing them, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful drawing! The story is very well crafted together. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, good-feeling story. Lovely drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another fine piece or FSF!. I look forward to your weekly posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully twisted point of view. I loved it. Delightful writing that brings to mind the child's innocent mind. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you did your own artwork!! And I love love love the twist, because of course I thought that the human was spinning! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this beautiful magical story! In five sentences at that. Very well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this. Charming, charming, charming! I'm grinning from ear-to-ear in delight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you don't realize it's from the fairy's POV until the very end. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving Five Sentence Fiction right now, some great opportunities to work on my creativity, so this was fun to use my own drawing too. Thank you for all your lovely compliments on my work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Full of fun, charm, and whimsy. Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete