Friday, 10 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Ten: Success

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Ten: Success
Flood: Part Six

“No really, I can see something…”
“Where? All I can see is mist…”
“Over there…I told you we needed a dove!”
“A dove dear?”
“To send out and check for land.”
The wind whistled across the stern and the engine’s soft hum groaned, and coughed and spluttered then was gone.
“That’s that then.”
“We knew the fuel wouldn’t last…”
“Then let’s hope that’s land.”
The boat rocked, silently.
“Do we drop anchor or drift? Or lick your finger and stick it in the air?”
“I’m checking the wind…and that is definitely land…I’m positive! Oh for a dove!”

(97 Words)



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the banter here, Lisa!! Oh for a dove!! Wonderful cadence!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth...your dialogue is so amazing you've inspired me to try! I'm really enjoying this couple's very British attitude to something devastating!

      Delete
  2. I love this tale and look forward to each new installment! I love the way your characters interact. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the edge of my seat now, wondering if this really is land for them... I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do hope it is land; no fuel, no dove . . it has to be. fantastic interaction between the two; very stiff upper lip/British/just get on with attitude . . .but oh for a dove. Excellent. xx

    ReplyDelete