Saturday, 18 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Eighteen: Wild At Heart

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Eighteen: Wild At Heart
Flood Part Fourteen

“We live! We survive! We’re here!”
“Careful dear, I want to keep you here! Please not so close to the rails!”
“I’m on the edge, quite literally, I’m on the edge, right there, right now!” The boat rode the swell. “I’m right on the edge, see?”
“Yes, I got your meaning the first time you said it, come down, you’re going quite mad…and I’m giggling, so we’re both going bonkers!”
“Then let’s go slightly crazy together…on this foaming-at-the-mouth ocean! Join me, I’m King of the World!”
“Mentioning Titanic might be foolish…”
“Then let us be fools!”

(99 Words)


Back to Day Seventeen

8 comments:

  1. "Then let us be fools." - Oh, how I love that line!
    Lovely entry, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no officially caught up on this story. It's wonderful how in each piece you've written, their will and bond with each other shines through. And, I agree, 'then let us be fools' is a fantastic ending here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. The dialogue is fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading this, Lisa. As always, a wonderful wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how they can have a joke at their own expence; Titanic reference sheer brilliance. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. all that feeling really brought together at the last line, nice

    ReplyDelete