Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Fifteen: Books

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Fifteen: Books
Flood Part Eleven

“Hold on! Hold on tight!”
“I am!”
The boat swayed violently and the squealing wind screamed across the fierce, churning waves.
“Go down below!”
The wind whipped words away. “…not leaving…”
“Then hold on to me…don’t you dare let go!”
Sea-spray soaked the deck and words had to be shouted to be heard above the crash of the ocean.
“I’m expecting a sea-serpent or the Kraken to rise out of this squall!”
“What was that sweetheart?”
“I’m waiting for a Leviathan or the Kraken!”
“Sorry dear, your literary references are going way over my head…much like this storm!”

(98 Words)


Back to Day Fourteen

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful job describing the storm. I felt like I was in the middle of it with them.
    And your dialog in all these posts has been fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. Woe to the writer whose love doesn't speak literary. :~)

    This is my second day to post in BlogFlash. So grateful to have found you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this take on the prompt!! It had me laughing out loud!! Book lovers quote their stuff til the bitter end!! Wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic use of the prompt! Once again the dialogue is wonderful - dramatic and hilarious at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thank you, this is one of my favourites! It could be hubby and I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual the dialogue is superb as is your description of the storm. The ending mae me chuckle! I wish they'd get some good luck for a change though! Great yet unusual take on the prompt! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlie, we're only just half way through now, so may still be in for some choppy sea for a bit!
      My daughter asked me how this would end...and asked if they'd survive...I replied I'd probably get mobbed if I drowned them...
      We'll have to wait and see...

      Delete
  7. excellent! Loved the language here; squealing wind is my fav! Can just picture their predicament. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the prompt. Very original. And I really like that you use a lot of dialogue. It makes everything so fast paced and leaves you wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're looking for the ultimate Bitcoin exchange service, then you should know YoBit.

    ReplyDelete