Thursday, 9 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Nine: Journey

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Nine: Journey
Flood: Part Five
“So, how’re you doing down there in the baby boat?”
“Just fine…reclining like a mermaid and dragging my hand through the water. Just keep me attached, don’t let me drift away…”
“There’s only you and me on this boat, only you and me on this whole damned ocean, I’m not letting you go anywhere!” Rippling waves lapped at the sides of the rowing boat and salty tears dripped from the taut, thick rope between both vessels. A light breeze fluttered across the deck. “Couldn’t, wouldn’t do this on my own, we started this journey together and we’ll end it the same.”

(101 Words)


Back to Day Eight...

5 comments:

  1. Aww, they are so cute together . . even in their situation, they have time for each other. . you have really made them so real and believable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fierceness in this piece. There's a kind of determination in that final line that is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the banter between the two characters. They can surely make their journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much is contained all within the dialogue

    ReplyDelete