Friday, 17 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Seventeen: Graveyard

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Seventeen: Graveyard
Flood Part Thirteen

“Have you thought much about what’s below us?”
“I’m trying not to sweetheart.”
“I feel like a ghost…with bad hair…”
“Look at me, no look at me…in my eyes. We’re alive…barely right now, I know, but we’re alive. No, don’t sigh or shake your head. We’re not down there, we’re not amongst the ruins, we’re here!”
“I can’t even cry…look no tears left, not even salty ones. My hair’s straw, my lips chapped and sore, and we’ve both lost more than a few pounds…we’re ghosts lost at sea.”
“Listen to me!  We’re not dead…yet! We’re still among the living!”

(99 Words)


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job creating that eerie sense of being alone in the world. But they keep fighting. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the survival aspect of this. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this story, it was a great idea to do the blog flash as a story, very imaginative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using dialogue alone, you have created an eerie atmosphere full of sensory elements that made me feel I was right there - I actually reached for my chapstick after reading this!! Great writing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things aren't looking good for them right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a very bad feeling about the 'Graveyard' prompt for them today. I'm glad to see they're still holding on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel awful for them that their sitaution appears to be like death itself. The persuation of the other to convince otherwise is frustrationg yet heartbreaking. I really want them to succeed!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete