Thursday, 30 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Thirty: Winning

Photograph by Bekah Shambrook manipulated by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Thirty: Winning
Flood Part Twenty-Six

The ocean retreated, military posts swelled and strengthened with every rediscovered survivor, and the reclamation effort thrived whilst encompassing feelings of both shock and joy.
“Would a rainbow be another promise?”
“For what dear?”
“Not to flood again…”
“God forbid!”
Golden skies threw diamond sparkles over the sea and a path of light across the sand.
“Come then sweetheart…it’s time to get all hands on deck…off to work…”
“There’s a lot to do, isn’t there?”
“It’s a brave new world out there, and we’re part of it!”
Adam took Evi’s hand and they walked, together, across the vast shore…

(100 Words)




This is my final entry into Terri Long's Blogflash 2012 and I wish my lost sailor couple all the best as they head out in to the world!

7 comments:

  1. Adam and Evi :-)

    I do hope they find a wonderful new world. A lovely conclusion to your BlogFlash x.

    http://unfinisheduntitled.blogspot.co.uk/p/blogflash2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Adam and Evi!!! Wonderful!! This has been such a fun series and I am going to miss tuning in for my daily snippet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful ending to a wonderful series. I love the messages you've incorporated in The Flood, Lisa, and I'm really going to miss it. A lovely hopeful ending to #BlogFlash2012. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever conclusion! This has been a wonderful series, Lisa, full of emotion and humor and sadness. I've loved every entry. Thank you so much for taking part in #BlogFlash2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too enjoyed your story immensely and I hope your sailors find happiness in their new world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone...quite sad leaving them to it now! Terri, thanks for a great opportunity to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I really enjoyed this story. Adam and Evi is the perfect touch at the end :)

    ReplyDelete