Sunday, 12 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Twelve: Celebration

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Twelve: Celebration
Flood Part Eight

“I’m scared.”
“I know.”
“It’s just got really scary, when we saw the other boat I thought we’d be safe, you know…other people…”
“I know.”
“…but they weren’t, they didn’t want to help…they just…”
“I know, it wasn’t what we expected.”
“Not at all! And look at me, I’m shivering!”
“It’s foggy and cold, zip up your jacket.”
“And that makes me more scared; we can’t see anything out there…”
“Please don’t cry…”
Fog coiled around the gently rocking boat.
“Come back here darling, don’t leave me!”
“I’m not, but look; I hid some of the food…chocolate?”

(97 Words)



5 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    This gets more and more amazing. To think how something as simple as some chocolate is cause for celebration. Poignant yet beautiful.

    Can't wait for tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what the reason for celebration would be. Chocolate. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate is always a cause for celebration. But this was a dark tale. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is superb. I love how you are weaving these moments of hope into their difficult story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. each line holds your breath

    ReplyDelete