Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Twenty-Nine: Masquerade

Photograph by Bekah Shambrook (Please do not use without permission)
Day Twenty-Nine: Masquerade
Flood Part Twenty-Five

“Why’re you sitting down here on your own sweetie?”
“I don’t know what’s left for us…for anyone…”
“Please don’t cry sweetheart.”
“I just don’t think I can keep up this façade, constantly smiling, I’d rather be back on the boat!”
“No you wouldn’t, we have food, water and shelter here…”
“Not enough water, but too much water!”
“Got that right, but we’ve got to keep going. You don’t need to smile all the time, nobody expects us to be overjoyed, and life is going to be hard from now on.”
“Hold me darling, just hold me, please just hold me.”

(100 Words)



Back to Day Twenty-Eight

8 comments:

  1. The grass is always greener...
    I love this scene and how he's comforting her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew she'd rather be back on the boat! Two different kinds of scary. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard putting on a brave face, feeling the mask crumble x.

    http://unfinisheduntitled.blogspot.co.uk/p/blogflash2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific use of the prompt! So glad he's there to comfort her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the prompt. I'm not sure if I would be wishing for the boat again though! I really like the relationship you've built here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad that she feels the need to wear a mask and pretend to be happy when she's not. After all she's been through, it's heartbreaking she feels that way. A sad but poignant post. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I am right there with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad that they made it through such difficult times, but really their struggle has only just begun!

    ReplyDelete