Sunday, 26 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Twenty-Six: Seeing

Photograph by Bekah and Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Twenty-Six: Seeing
Flood Part Twenty-Two

“I can barely hear you above the rotors dear…these headsets aren’t easy!”
“LOOK BELOW…”
“I got that! You don’t have to point…or shout!”
Below the scenery was breath-taking. The landscape, known and loved, was gone, vanquished by the ocean in an almost endless expanse of water. The wooded headland jutted out, a high point on the brand new coast, but the newly-formed ocean spread wide leaving only small pockets of green; small islands in a sea of blue.
The helicopter’s rotors clacked, trees bent in broken submission, the little boat bobbed below and unspoken words fell as tears…

(99 Words)



10 comments:

  1. Another great one! I have really bcome attached to these characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic. What a fantastic opportunity flying in the helicopter.
    A beatiful piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! They are saved!! Wonderful photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece, and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! I'm so excited they were rescued. Beautiful imagery! I especially like the last line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, that line got me all choked up when I wrote it! Quite weird leaving the little boat behind!

      Delete
  6. I'm breathing a sigh of relief...whew. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, but is the ordeal over? What have they got to home to?
    Beautiful last line x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is both thrilling and sad at the same time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last line on this is totally amazing; " trees bent in broken submission, the little boat bobbed below and unspoken words fell as tears…"

    It's so sad yet uplifting too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete