Monday, 20 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Twenty: Sports

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Twenty: Sports
Flood Part Sixteen

The still cabin air could be sliced by the proverbial knife.
“I’m really mad! I hope you’re happy…no, don’t answer, that wasn’t an actual question. Don’t talk darling, this is my moment you had yours last night. I can’t believe you let off ALL the flares…have you really no idea what you’ve done…no, still not a question.”
“Maybe I just don’t care anymore.”
“Well you should! We had a sporting chance with those flares…you could at least look at me…”
“No, look out the porthole…just look, a buoy! If we can see buoys the water must be receding…”

(98 Words)




8 comments:

  1. I have been absorbed in your Flood series for BlogFlash. I look forward to seeing how it turns out in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love this take on the prompt!! Was wondering where you were going to take it - was worried I couldn't fit it into my series either - and love where you went with it!!! Sporting Chance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's hope! Woohoo!
    I really like your take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Ruth, we're having to be a bit ambiguous with some of these prompts...but it's working!
    Thank you everyone for sticking with this story...I'm loving writing it, tomorrow will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, is there a little light at the end of their tunnel? You are being so creative with these prompts, Lisa! I'm loving this and can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant use of the prompt! I really feel the love between them - he obviously cares so much even though he's so cross. I hope this is good news for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first real positive day for these two! The waters are finally receding.Shame there's not a flare left to celebrate. . . or is it too soon. Love how their emotions flit/change so quickly just like a normal day arguing about washing up/shopping etc but it isn't normal is it? Brillaint. x

    ReplyDelete