Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Blogflash: Day Twenty-Two: On Holiday

Photograph by Lisa Shambrook (please do not use without permission)
Day Twenty-Two: On Holiday
Flood Part Eighteen

“You know that feeling? You know the one when you finally see your holiday destination in the distance? That’s it…that’s the feeling. Sweetheart, look over there…this time I know it’s land, there’s nothing else that can be. We’re there, here…look!”
“Wooooah! Don’t drop me! Wow…it really is, it’s really there…land at last!”
“You okay? You cold? You’re shivering.”
“Not cold, just a bit scared…”
“Wipe that tear away, it’s finally over…”
“I know…I know, but I’m still scared at what we’re going to find…”
“It doesn’t matter what we find.”
“And look…right on the horizon…your dove dear! There’s your dove!”

(99 Words)


Back to Day Twenty-One

7 comments:

  1. That's lovely. Let's hope it will be alright when they get there x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, are you still teasing us or have they actually found land? I guess I'll need to see it myself tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm so excited they found land! I hope nothing goes wrong once they get there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Land ho!! Sorry!! Someone had to say it!! I am so excited for them!! *crosses fingers and tosses salt over shoulder*

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dove!!! yay!!! And land ahoy!!! ALl is good with the world. . . . but I understand the apprehension and fear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Something good for them at last and I hope it really is because they so deserve it. The dove is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for them! Although I wonder what they will encounter on land...

    ReplyDelete