Thursday, 2 August 2012

Blogflash: Day two: A Furry Friend

Photo By Lisa Shambrook (Please do not use without permission)
A Furry Friend
I didn’t know how I’d get through the next hour, let alone the next day.
Life was hard and on my own it wouldn’t be worth it.
She stared while I made plans. She watched quietly, unassuming, while I laid out tablets and a glass of water. I glanced up, catching her eye, and she yawned then rose from her spot and circled the room. This time I watched her and when those sad, brown eyes met mine, as she rested her head on his empty chair, I knew I’d be around for a while. I wasn’t on my own.

(100 Words)


9 comments:

  1. LOL You and I must think alike! When death takes a loved one, sometimes the immediacy of an animal's soul and their easy steady love, is the only thing that soothes. They are so much more comfortable with seeing us through grief than many people. LOVE the pic BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds eh? Lol. That's my Roxy in the pic...when I'm upset, she lays her head on my lap and cheers me up! They're not wrong when they say animals can soothe you, until I had a dog, I'd never understood the complete devotion they give no matter what!

      Delete
  2. I love this. No one is on their own when you have a pet, especially a dog as they are so loyal. A beautiful post and such a beautiful pic of your dog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This give me goosebumps! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. And what a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this beautiful. There is nothing like curling up and crying into my puppy dog's neck!! He is so loving and trusting and so damn certain I will make the right decisions and can brave anything!!

    Really lovely, Lisa!!

    BTW: your Roxy is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning piece - I had a real lump in my throat when I'd finished! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. It is amazing how animals know what we feel and how they comfort us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice.

    Animals are the ultimate conundrum, but we love them just the same.

    ReplyDelete