Monday, 22 April 2013

Monday Mixer: Rogue

I'm jumping back into the Flash Fiction saddle with a Monday Mixer at The Latinum Vault. Write a piece in exactly 150 words using at least three of the nine prompts: a place, a thing and an adjective. Once more I'm going for Overachiever as I've used six of the prompt words. I also really wanted to use the word: crepuscular, but it just didn't fit with the narrative!


I saw him coming, like a dervish on a racetrack, yelling and cursing, and I cowered behind the kirkyard’s plumes of pampas grass.
When he dropped beside me, panting hard, his sky-blue eyes met mine. He clapped his rough hand over my mouth, and I didn’t understand a word he uttered as he pulled me close.  His stubble chafed my cheek as I melted into his intoxicating scent of sweat and aftershave.
He peered beyond the razor-sharp leaves.
“Ye okay lassie?” he asked, “Sorry…” and then he was on his feet and gone.
Weak-kneed, I staggered from the hideaway and leaned against the cold, stone wall. When the Copper, truncheon raised, bowled round the corner, a smile played on my lips and sedition brewed in my heart. “That way!” I pointed, breathless.
Then I ran, the opposite way, after the Scottish rogue who’d woken a wild paroxysm in my soul.

(150 Words)



3 comments:

  1. Love it, your writing really draws the reader in. Be reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could have bet on a horse named "Crepuscular" while you were at the racetrack which is located behind the kirkyard...

    I'll probably never hear that word again.

    Nice job, especially with the time constraint!

    ReplyDelete